I try to avoid making comparisons to others; I just end up feeling bad about myself a lot of the time, and it’s so rarely a rewarding enterprise. To wit: this newly discovered monkey seems a lot more thoughtful and self-possessed than the creature I’ve been staring at in the mirror the last 49 years. I try to be a nice person; I really do! But I’d venture this fellow has about 50 extra empathy points than I do. I’d love to find a pensive, pondering
person primate like this dude to help me with my stress management skills. In fact, I’m seriously considering hiring him as a facilitator for next year’s staff retreat.
- Via @michelledionn & @edwin_lyngar "I was poor, but a GOP die-hard: How I finally left the politics of shame" salon.com/2014/07/16/i_w… 1 week ago
- Thanks @dano129 @olgakhazan I was mostly talking about other, related topics: erikachristakis.wordpress.com/2014/07/02/do-… 2 weeks ago
- RT @conor64: IRS emails? Unrecoverable. Vials of small pox? Totally laying around somewhere if we look long enough. 2 weeks ago
- On sexism, threats, and c-words online: via @leighalexander leighalexander.net/but-what-can-b… & @ErikaChristakis erikachristakis.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/on-… | @pomeranian99 2 weeks ago
- RT @glukianoff: ICYMI: @SAPinker on Taboos & #FreeSpeech (Video) youtu.be/B0W9sSqeJnA (He will also be our keynote in Oct! http://t.co/e2… 3 weeks ago
To Want “But LIttle”: Reflections From a Second Grade Classroom