I try to avoid making comparisons to others; I just end up feeling bad about myself a lot of the time, and it’s so rarely a rewarding enterprise. To wit: this newly discovered monkey seems a lot more thoughtful and self-possessed than the creature I’ve been staring at in the mirror the last 49 years. I try to be a nice person; I really do! But I’d venture this fellow has about 50 extra empathy points than I do. I’d love to find a pensive, pondering
person primate like this dude to help me with my stress management skills. In fact, I’m seriously considering hiring him as a facilitator for next year’s staff retreat.
- RT @NAChristakis: Via @phylogenomics: a nice selection of books by/about cool #STEMWomen http://t.co/phaptU1QA9 1 day ago
- +1 "Sexy ebola nurse costume" - because deadly disease, rank sexism, & tastelessness in perfect storm http://t.co/2ytgo3wR9c | @NAChristakis 3 days ago
- The Overwhelming Maleness of Mass Homicide (2012 and still true) ideas.time.com/2012/07/24/the… @nmatasci @femfreq 6 days ago
- She (@HopeJahren) sure can write. Happy birthday to her witty insightful blog about science, feminism, and much else: hopejahrensurecanwrite.com/2014/10/24/hap… 1 week ago
- RT @NAChristakis: When a thousandth as many Americans die of ebola as die of guns each year, them I'll get more worried. http://t.co/xsvsiK… 1 week ago
To Want “But LIttle”: Reflections From a Second Grade Classroom