I try to avoid making comparisons to others; I just end up feeling bad about myself a lot of the time, and it’s so rarely a rewarding enterprise. To wit: this newly discovered monkey seems a lot more thoughtful and self-possessed than the creature I’ve been staring at in the mirror the last 49 years. I try to be a nice person; I really do! But I’d venture this fellow has about 50 extra empathy points than I do. I’d love to find a pensive, pondering
person primate like this dude to help me with my stress management skills. In fact, I’m seriously considering hiring him as a facilitator for next year’s staff retreat.
- @hutchkelley5 welcome to twitter. :-) 3 days ago
- Dear Sheryl Sandberg wp.me/p2gSp7-Ro 1 week ago
- RT @DanTGilbert: Remarkable therapy helps rape victims. If it were a pill we'd spend billions. But it's just psychology. http://t.co/R0bvs3… 1 week ago
- The Female Labor Force Is Actually Stagnating wp.me/p2gSp7-Rb 2 weeks ago
- Nelson Mandela and the Invincibility Of Justice wp.me/p2gSp7-QX 2 weeks ago
To Want “But LIttle”: Reflections From a Second Grade Classroom