I try to avoid making comparisons to others; I just end up feeling bad about myself a lot of the time, and it’s so rarely a rewarding enterprise. To wit: this newly discovered monkey seems a lot more thoughtful and self-possessed than the creature I’ve been staring at in the mirror the last 49 years. I try to be a nice person; I really do! But I’d venture this fellow has about 50 extra empathy points than I do. I’d love to find a pensive, pondering
person primate like this dude to help me with my stress management skills. In fact, I’m seriously considering hiring him as a facilitator for next year’s staff retreat.
- @NAChristakis you absolutely should have passed up #AirForceTwo and come straight home to me, like he did! 2 days ago
- @JPArchD hey ArchD! Thanks! 1 week ago
- @drchristhurber thanks for sending that link. I do like summer camp, and do think it helps build character (& enhance admissions prospects) 1 week ago
- My January 2011 piece at CNN on Dolphin parenting (#dolphindad #dolphinmom) appears to be inspiring others: nj.com/parenting/inde… 1 month ago
- @CarlgrodyliswS thanks for the kind words 1 month ago
To Want “But LIttle”: Reflections From a Second Grade Classroom