I try to avoid making comparisons to others; I just end up feeling bad about myself a lot of the time, and it’s so rarely a rewarding enterprise. To wit: this newly discovered monkey seems a lot more thoughtful and self-possessed than the creature I’ve been staring at in the mirror the last 49 years. I try to be a nice person; I really do! But I’d venture this fellow has about 50 extra empathy points than I do. I’d love to find a pensive, pondering
person primate like this dude to help me with my stress management skills. In fact, I’m seriously considering hiring him as a facilitator for next year’s staff retreat.
- 10 Worst for Free Speech on Campus: 2014 huff.to/1wDMwxy via @glukianoff With shout out to @Yale. #FreeSpeech 3 days ago
- RT @effie10: Loved this article too (special mention to 107) dailylife.com.au/dl-people/dl-e… @draiochta14 @ErikaChristakis @RonDMoore @ankenneyy 3 days ago
- RT @effie10: @ErikaChristakis huffingtonpost.com/erika-christak… Loved the article! Please write something about Outlander too though :) @draiochta14 3 days ago
- Via @Yale: Delighted to be joining @NAChristakis in this new role at Silliman college bit.ly/1DXjvO4 6 days ago
- Via @pierreberastain: teenagers getting less sleep than ever: ideas.time.com/2011/11/18/why… & now: news.health.com/2015/02/16/u-s… 2 weeks ago
To Want “But LIttle”: Reflections From a Second Grade Classroom