I try to avoid making comparisons to others; I just end up feeling bad about myself a lot of the time, and it’s so rarely a rewarding enterprise. To wit: this newly discovered monkey seems a lot more thoughtful and self-possessed than the creature I’ve been staring at in the mirror the last 49 years. I try to be a nice person; I really do! But I’d venture this fellow has about 50 extra empathy points than I do. I’d love to find a pensive, pondering
person primate like this dude to help me with my stress management skills. In fact, I’m seriously considering hiring him as a facilitator for next year’s staff retreat.
- RT @jimstaro: Federal judge summons antigay Kentucky clerk and her staff to contempt hearing on Thursday rawstory.com/2015/09/federa… 15 hours ago
- RT @Silliman2: Our future's so bright we gotta wear shades. http://t.co/I79zu6e7B9 15 hours ago
- RT @Silliman2: Thoughts on the role and title of College "Master" silliman.yalecollege.yale.edu/news/thoughts-… 20 hours ago
- State of emergency as Erika nears? nypost.com/2015/08/28/sta… 4 days ago
- RT @Silliman2: Welcome freshmen! #SillimanSelfie http://t.co/ydI20yP9B3 4 days ago
To Want “But LIttle”: Reflections From a Second Grade Classroom